On 6th July, Microsoft announced “Microsoft Dynamics 365” and “Microsoft AppSource”. Below are the official Microsoft Links:
What Microsoft says,
Today, we are taking the first step to bring our customers new, modern, enterprise-ready intelligent business apps with the introduction of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft AppSource.
Technology is transforming our personal lives with apps and services that are simple and intuitive, and deliver helpful assistance to improve our lives.
In contrast the apps and services we use to drive business process are often difficult to use, trial and deploy. Some even make you pay extra for capabilities like visualization, workflow automation and predictive insights.
We imagine a better world for business users everywhere. One where you can track leads, automate field service, drive sales and improve operations using modern, mobile, enterprise-ready intelligent business apps from the cloud that are as easy to use as the consumer apps that help us all get rides, book rooms, listen to music and take actions to improve our health.
Key market trends are driving changes to how companies think about business transformation and the applications that power it. These include:
- Tipping point around cloud adoption. Business are adopting cloud solutions across all aspects of their business. The perception of cloud security within enterprises is improving dramatically year-over year as cloud applications mature. 52% of organizations are confident that cloud apps are as secure as premises-based apps, up from 40% a year ago. Cloud has reached the tipping point in enterprises as the preferred method for running their businesses.
- IT budget decision-making is shifting from IT departments to LoB. In most companies, LOB executives now have the power of the purse strings over IT budgets. It’s one of the biggest shifts in enterprise application development and deployment. Gartner estimates that by 2017, 50% of all IT spending will be outside of IT and the CIO’s control. Interviews conducted by IDC found that most IoT projects are led by LoB decision makers with technical resources residing within business. To address individual LoB needs, software vendors need to provide applications that address particular LoB needs and not monolithic suites.
- With finite resources, productivity is critical for businesses to scale. 40% of worker’s productivity time is lost when switching tasks. This costs the global economy $450B per year. Companies have automated business processes. Now they are looking to embed productivity tools directly into business processes to save time and get more productivity out of their employees.
- Technology innovation is increasing the speed of business. New technology is not only enabling new business models, it’s at a much faster rate than ever before. To be successful, companies need to enable their people and processes to respond quickly to changes in the market to capture new revenue opportunities. If they aren’t agile and don’t adapt to the new speed of business, they will no longer exist. A study from the John M. Olin School of Business at Washington University estimates that 40 percent of today’s F500 companies on the S&P 500 will no longer exist in 10 years.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 – End-to-end intelligent business applications in the cloud
Available this fall, Dynamics 365 is Microsoft’s new approach to end-to-end intelligent business applications in the cloud. These business applications enable companies to:
- Start with what you need – Dynamics 365 apps are designed so they can be easily and independently deployed. That means you can start small with the right fit for your role, industry and business and pay only for what you need. Yet they work together seamlessly and fit with your existing systems, so as your business demands, you can grow into additional capabilities with ease and run your entire business in the trusted Microsoft cloud.
- Productivity where you need it – Deep integration between Dynamics 365 and Office 365 connects the structured workflow of business applications and processes with the unstructured work of collaboration and productivity. So your employees are empowered with productivity tools surfaced in the context of their business processes. For example, a sales person receives an email, and can respond directly in Office with a quote that is created based on information from both Finance and Sales apps, stored back to the right app, with right pricing, discounting etc. All without the user having to leave Outlook.
- Alternative example: A sales rep works on an opportunity in Dynamics 365 Sales with embedded access to multiple Productivity tools to more effectively progress the opportunity. The rep can collaborate with team members by sharing real-time updates in Yammer and across Groups, compiling team notes and input on the opportunity in OneNote, and seamlessly generating a quote in Word – all without leaving the context of the opportunity.
- Built-in Intelligence – With Dynamics 365, Microsoft is the only provider of business applications that infuses big data, advanced analytics and IoT into processes out-of-the-box to proactively guide employees & customers to optimal outcomes with predictive insights, prescriptive advice and actionable next steps. Data & insights transformed into action for intelligence where its needed. For example, Cortana Intelligence will enable cross-sell recommendations to help sales reps predict which products and services a customer will need. Access to IoT data inside Dynamics 365 for Field Service will enable preemptive action from field service agents by connecting asset monitoring and anomaly detection so they can take action before failures occur avoiding costly customer service issues.
- Ready for Growth – Dynamics 365 enables companies to adapt and innovate in real time with nimble, adaptable applications so you can compose, modify and extend processes. Business users are empowered to change and adapt without IT. And you can reimagine your business model with a common data model and a flexible, extensible business application platform.
Microsoft AppSource – One destination for business users to discover, trial, and acquire line-of-business apps
AppSource is the one destination for business users to discover, trial, and acquire line-of-business SaaS apps
We are also introducing Microsoft AppSource – Microsoft’s new destination for business users to easily find and evaluate line of business SaaS apps, add-ins and content packs from Microsoft and our partners, including those built on top of Dynamics 365, Office 365, Cortana Intelligence and the Azure platform.